Chianti is an area that extends between the Provinces of Florence and that of Siena. Chianti is famous worldwide both for the excellent red wine that comes from its vineyards as well as for it beautiful landscape.
Starting in the 1980's, Chianti and its villages, villas, castles, country parishes and farm houses started to attract a lot of tourists that came to Tuscany. It became the most visited area in Tuscany outside of Florence. As a consequence, accommodation geared towards short-term visitors started to grow and today there are many farmhouses, bed and breakfasts and holiday apartments across Chianti.
Over the last two decades, many country houses and villas that dot the Chianti countryside were restructured and transformed into tourism structures. The many farmhouses and bed and breakfasts in Chianti offer guests all of the main comforts and services in one of the most beautiful and characteristic areas of Tuscany.
Farmhouses in Chianti
- Chianti Farmhouse Il Cellese - Located in Castellina in Chianti offers seven comfortable farmhouse apartments, swimming pool and restaurant.
Bed & Breakfast
- Bed and breakfast in Chianti - Palazzo Malaspina is a charming bed and breakfast set in San Donato in Poggio, a tiny and characteristic hamlet in the middle of the Chianti Classico area.
Apartments in Chianti
- Tuscany Country Villa Apartments: Borgo della Meliana - The resort is located in Gambassi Terme, near Florence. The whole complex offers accommodation in elegant apartments with a swimming pool.
- Holiday Apartments in Chianti Florence Hills - Two apartments available for holiday rental in Chianti, one in Impruneta and another in Greve in Chianti, just a few kilometers from Florence.
- Chianti Rentals by MerryGoRound - The agency offers various rentals in Chianti, including villas, apartments and holiday homes. A selection is also available in Florence and surrounding hills, as well as in other parts of Tuscany.